From: Education <[log in to unmask]>
To: MUSEUM-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Aug 5, 2010 11:33 am
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Mary Cassatt Exhibition

The Allentown Art Museum in Allentown, PA is currently undergoing its expansion project with an estimated time of completion around September 2011. We are researching different exhibitions for our grand re-opening show in January of 2012. One of these would be a Mary Cassatt show. I am looking to see if anyone knows of a traveling Cassatt exhibition, costs associated with it, venues where it was exhibited and if it is available now. If there is not a traveling exhibition, does anyone know of the possibility pulling various Cassatt works from other institutions to curate into a single show? What museums would have Cassatt’s in their collection and would they allow this? Any and all info would be helpful and appreciated.

Jessica Gauthier
Education Assistant
Allentown Art Museum
610-432-4333 ext. 32
The Allentown Art Museum is proud to present “In Stitches: Quilts from the Allentown Art Museum Collection” and “Myths, Religion & Ritual: Indian Art from the Koblenzer Collection” from June 20-September 5, 2010.  Join us as we discover the stories within the rich design tradition in American quilts, as well as Indian religions and rituals through the exploration of major three-dimensional works from the sixth to early 20th centuries.  For more information, visit www.allentownartmuseum.org.