here is a site which may help
it includes 3 types of exhibition proposal templates
http://www.heritagedestination.com/request-for-proposal.aspx
and
lots of suggested questions to consider

Found by searching using the terms
museum rfp bid template

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 7/15/2010 11:38:59 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

I am inquiring whether  there is a temple RFP that museums use when looking to receive bids for exhibitions. Our organization is looking to introduce a new way of developing exhibitions and from my research and the responses I received on a post a month or so ago, an RFP is the industry standard for receiving bids from exhibition design firms.

Thank you for any feedback you may have.

Sincerely,

Michael Reuter

Curator of Collections/Registar

Milwaukee County Historical Society