Museumwise and the Museum Association of New York are sending out a call for participation!

Our Museums in Conversation Conference will be heading to the Hyatt Regency in Buffalo, New York, April 3-5, 2011 and we’ll be asking participants to tackle the question:  How Do We Prove the Value of Museums?

The 2011 conference takes on a reoccurring question….but with a twist. As museums and heritage organizations across New York State argue their cases for greater integration in an increasingly stressed educational system, for attendance and volunteerism in increasingly time-constrained leisure hours, and for funding in an increasingly challenging economic climate, the need to prove the value of our work to a whole host of stakeholders is more critical than ever. But what values to quantify and how to do it? And who will care unless we can compellingly convey our impact? The twist includes several working conversations throughout the conference to develop a shared set of values indicators and methods for communicating them to stakeholders and the public.

We welcome proposals from a wide range of institutions and practitioners, within and outside the museum community, to encourage lively discussions that offer new perspectives on our work and create new connections to each other. Program Facilitators should represent different sizes and/or types of museums and single discussion facilitators should gear their discussions to a wide audience with varied resources.

Get involved!  Don’t miss this amazing opportunity to connect with your NYS museum colleagues at the largest statewide conference for museum leaders and volunteers.  For more information on the Museums in Conversation Conference, the call for participation and to find a proposal form, visit www.museumsinconversation.org

Stephanie Lehner
Program Coordinator / Regional Archivist
Museumwise
11 Ford Avenue / Oneonta, NY 13820
800.895.1648 phone / 607.431.9524 fax
www.museumwise.org