(http://www.americanindian.si.edu/subpage.cfm?subpage=visitor&second=contact)

this url gives email contacts for specific questions.
Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 6/21/2010 3:09:57 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I second  Jenny's suggestion, and also recommend looking at the National
Park Service's  Conserve O Gram series and specifically Number 5/2, which
addresses exactly  your  concerns.

http://www.nps.gov/history/museum/publications/conserveogram/05-02.pdf

Victoria  Book
Chief Conservator
Gilcrease  Museum
918.596.2714

-----Original Message-----
From: Museum  discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Yearous,  Jenny Dee
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 2:39 PM
To:  [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Storage of Native  American headdresses

I would strongly recommend getting a copy of  "Storage of Natural History
Collections: Ideas and Practical solutions" by  Carolyn L. Rose and Amparo R.
de Torres. They have great instructions on  storage of headdresses of
various types.

Jenny Yearous
Curator of  Collections Management
State Historical Society of North  Dakota