I concur with Claudia.  Here is the link to a 2006 paper on the subject that seems quite comprehensive:

http://www.illinoishistory.gov/iam/members/PDFs/HowToN39Insurance106.pdf

Also, if you have a local independent insurance agent with access to numerous insurance companies, they should be able to access the questionnaires used by companies, such as AON, to recommend the amount of insurance you should carry.  These help determine your risk for loss.  You want to purchase insurance to cover the risk of loss to collections. You could also contact insurers listed as vendors on the AAM website and ask them to forward you the questionnaire.  I imagine they would be happy to work with you in hopes of getting your business.

Hope that helps William, and good luck with your new position!

Carola Enriquez
Museum Mentor