From: Kim Cady <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, Jun 3, 2010 10:14 am
Subject: Gun donation

Hello Everyone,

I work for the Pennsylvania State Police Musuem and recently received an inquiry about donating current service weapons, a .357 Ruger and a Beretta. My question is, for those of you that have current firearms in your collection how are they accepted and recorded. One of our board memebers indicated that the weapons would have to be put in the name of our board president  because "they can not be put in the museum's name" I would be hesitant to do that becuase then they would be his property vs. the museum's. I would think it would also create a problem for tax purposes becuase the donor is giving them to an indivudal vs an institution. Has anyone come across a similar situation? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks You,
Kim Cady
Pa State Police Museum