Having done something similar with my graduate students, I have them evaluated based on what they have learned, as opposed to ginving them specific questions. Makes for a more thought provoking exercise

From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janet Allured
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: guide to evaluating historic sites/museums sought

Hello.  I am looking for a checklist or guide that I can give students when they visit historic places -- such as plantation homes -- or museums (especially those not run by professionals) to help them evaluate the veracity of the site and the information presented to the public.  If you know of or have used such a guide, I would appreciate suggestions for where I might find one.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Janet Allured

Department of History

Box 92860