We have many valuable photos that are mounted in old scrapbooks and would like some recommendations on removing them from these pages.  In some cases, the glue has become brittle allowing us to gently separate the photo from the page, but in most, we are concerned we would rip the photo attempting to remove it.  Is there any safe way to demount these pictures?  Thanks.

Paul Pipik
Liberty Hyde Bailey Museum
South Haven, MI