Hello Anne,

You could pose your question to Linda Eaton at Winterthur Museum. She is
the Curator of Textiles there. You can read her bio on this webpage:
http://www.winterthur.org/calendar/quilts_conference.asp#linda_eaton

Or H. Kristine Haugland, Associate Curator of Textiles at the
Philadelphia Museum of Art
http://www.philamuseum.org/collections/216-430-336.html

Best wishes,

Teresa

Teresa I. Morales, Ph.D.
Decorative Arts/Material Culture/Visual Arts
Tel: 818-563-6534 and 818-201-5868
email: [log in to unmask]
skype: Hunnyngton