Hello Colleagues--

I'm currently a Fulbright Scholar in Ukraine, working with museums here and
have been asked to do a presentation here in Kyiv, the capital, on
cultural/heritage tourism--and I need your help!   I'd like to highlight
several case studies of successful cultural tourism efforts in cities.  The
group is particularly interested in learning about museums' efforts (from
anywhere in the world)  to promote tourism around contemporary art, folklife
and traditions, architecture and the urban landscape, and in partnership
with performing arts organizations such as opera or theater.  Ukraine is a
co-host for the Euro 2012 soccer tournament and it will provide a
substantial opportunity, it's hoped, for new tourists to the country.

I'd like to share information relating to project development, audience,
specific elements of projects such as tours, guidebooks, events; evaluation
and collaboration.   If you've been a part, or know of, such an effort,  I'd
love to learn about these aspects. Please feel free to reply off list.

And, if you want to know more about my experience in Ukraine,  check out my
blogs, The Uncataloged Museum <http://uncatalogedmuseum.blogspot.com>  about
museums and culture, and The Pickle Projec<http://pickleproject.blogspot.com>t,
(with my Fulbright colleague Sarah Crow) on Ukrainian foodways.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Linda Norris

--
Linda Norris