As a recent graduate of Public History In the throws of the job hunt, I've heard varying ways my resume needs to be presented.

The first, is the "classic" business type resume, experience, chronological order, etc.

The second, is to categorize my experience so I can present my experience as a public historian and my other generalized experience that I can bring to the table as well.

As employers, do you have a preference? Or is there another way you would rather see?

Thanks so much!

--
Amanda Buring
M.A., Public History

"History is the record of the encounter between character and circumstance." - Donald Crieghton