Dear colleagues,

DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 1st

We still have a few places open for the following programs this coming summer in San Gemini, Italy.

Ceramics Restoration and Conservation Program:

May 23 – June 19, 2010

This four-week program’s objective is to familiarize students with the materials of ceramics and the practices of restoration and conservation of archaeological ceramics. The program includes classroom study and fieldwork. Students will have the opportunity to work on archaeological artifacts from the excavation at the Roman Baths of Carsulae.

For more information visit our website: http://www.sangeministudies.info/Program_files/Program-frame.htm

Excavations of the Public Baths of Carsulae (2nd century BCE)

June 13- July 24, 2010

This is the fifth season of excavations at the Public Baths of the ancient city of Carsuale. The Umbrian city, founded along the via Flaminia in the late third century BCE, is located near the town of San Gemini. This area has been associated with healing waters since pre-Roman times. Work includes: field excavation, documentation of the site and of the archaeological artifacts collected.

The excavation is a project of Valdosta State University with the collaboration of the San Gemini Preservation Studies, and is directed by Prof. Jane Whitehead.

For more information visit this website:

http://www.valdosta.edu/~jwhitehe/Carsulaeweb/Carsulae_home.htm

It is possible to attend both programs.

If you know any students, scholars or others interested in this type of study, please inform them about our program. We would appreciate it if you could list our program on your organization's website as an available educational resource.

Thank you very much. Cordially,

Max Cardillo

Director

San Gemini Preservation Studies