Dear colleagues,

DEADLINE EXTENDED TOAPRIL 1st

We still have a few places openfor the following programs this coming summer in San Gemini, Italy.

Ceramics Restoration andConservation Program:
May 23 – June 19,2010
This four-week program’s objectiveis to familiarize students with the materials of ceramics and the practices ofrestoration and conservation of archaeological ceramics. The program includesclassroom study and fieldwork. Students will have the opportunity to work onarchaeological artifacts from the excavation at the Roman Baths ofCarsulae.Introduction to Conservation ofArchaeological Ceramics Workshopon Ceramics and Ceramics Conservation
For more information visit ourwebsite: http://www.sangeministudies.info/Program_files/Program-frame.htm

Excavations of the PublicBaths of Carsulae (2nd century BCE)
June 13- July 24,2010
This is the fifth season ofexcavations at the Public Baths of the ancient city of Carsuale. The Umbriancity, founded along the via Flaminia in the late third century BCE, is locatednear the town of SanGemini. This area has been associated with healing waterssince pre-Roman times. Work includes: field excavation, documentation of thesite and of the archaeological artifacts collected.

The excavation is a project ofValdostaState University with the collaboration of theSan Gemini Preservation Studies, and is directed by Prof. JaneWhitehead.

For more information visit thiswebsite:
http://www.valdosta.edu/~jwhitehe/Carsulaeweb/Carsulae_home.htm

It is possible to attend bothprograms.

If you know any students, scholarsor others interested in this type of study, please inform them about ourprogram. We would appreciate it if you could list our program on yourorganization's website as an available educationalresource.

Thank you very much.Cordially,

Max Cardillo
Director
San Gemini PreservationStudies