This a not a museum question but I'm hoping one of the art conservators or curators can help me.
My husband and I just returned from Egypt where he went a little crazy and bought a very large papyrus.This is not old but a very high quality reproduction of Mut swallowing the sun and is often seen on the ceilings of tombs.It is about 3.5 feet by 6 feet and his idea is to display it on the ceiling of one of our rooms.I'm afraid that a frame might be too heavy and awkward to handle.(Joking I suggested we use thumbtacks)Could it be protect it with some sort of synthetic sleeve  (Like mylar?) or should it be attached to fabric?
I'd appreciate any suggests and help.You can contact me off the list if you'd like.Thanks for your expertise!

Janice Armstrong [log in to unmask]