We use PayPal and have not had any problems with it. The benefits are that most people trust the security of PayPal and that it's easy to manage. The downside is that you cannot really customize the PayPal donation page, so it isn't always easy to differentiate the payments (ex: you can't always tell if the $100 is for membership or event registration).