We are a Natural & Cultural History Museum in South Central Alaska that has in recent years increased our collection scope into the purchase of recent contemporary art created by Alaskans.  This is made possible through a fund made available to us from a statewide foundation.  We are looking to more completely define our Art Acquisitions Committee & I am looking for advice or examples from other institutions.  In particular we are interested in how others select the kinds of individuals to serve on their committees, i.e. artists, community members, curators from other museums, art critics or historians, multicultural/indigenous members, etc.  Secondly, any examples of responsibility descriptions for individuals serving on those committees.  Please fee free to contact me either on or off list.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

Peter Lundskow
Collection Manager & Curator
Pratt Museum
Homer, AK 99603