Dear Colleagues--

A year or so ago, a number of you responded generously to my request for materials to share with colleagues during my stint as a Fulbright Scholar in Ukraine.   It was incredibly useful to have copies of gallery guides, school program materials, calendars, catalogs, and all kinds of your materials to share--to show, rather than just talk about.   (no surprise, right?) When I left Ukraine in late April, I distributed the materials among my colleagues there --and I know they've continued to find them useful.

I'm lucky enough to be returning to Ukraine in early March for another four months--thanks to a Fulbright renewal.  I'll be working with some of the same museums and others as well.  I'm hoping that you'll  share hard copies of your materials with me again.   Particularly of interest are materials for families and children, materials that are the result of collaborative efforts with other organizations, and materials that demonstrate innovative exhibitions or programs in all types of museums.   As well, my colleagues would be interested in seeing membership, press and fundraising materials.

If you have materials to share, please just mail them to me at the address below.  If you're curious about my time in Ukraine,  please visit my blog, The Uncataloged Museum and click on the tag for Ukraine.   And of course, I'll be blogging from there when I return. If you have questions about Ukraine, or about the Fulbright Program, please don't hesitate to contact me off-list.

In Ukraine, it's not such a common thing to be generous with your colleagues--and museum workers there were truly grateful for the generosity of their American colleagues.  You made a lasting impression--thanks!

And, for those of you in the New York area, my time in Ukraine can be your gain.  Win a free registration to the Museum Association of New York/Upstate History Alliance by sharing your favorite museum conversation with me.  All the details here:  http://bit.ly/7cY7Sa.  It's easy!

Linda
--
Linda Norris

Where to find me: