People Counters

Hi Teri,

I also work at a small, free museum. We have a sign in book to track visitors. This works well for us because visitors have to ring a bell to enter the building, so the procedure is to let the visitor in and then sign them in the book. We count of the number of visitors at the end of the year by adding up the numbers on each page.

The book is also useful because it tells us where our visitors are coming from, and we use this information to calculate statistics about our audience.

Hope this is helpful.

Sincerely yours,

Lauren Zalut
Museum Educator and Communications Coordinator
Wagner Free Institute of Science
1700 W. Montgomery Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19121
phone: (215) 763-6529 ext. 17