But this point just bears noting from my perspective. For those who took this as a finger-pointing session at the Conservative perspective, be a little logical here. If the discussion is Darwin, do you think those who believe in evolution are going to be the ones protesting, or the ones who are anti-Darwin? It's not a time to defend your moral precepts. The question was framed about what to do about those who disrupt. Oh, was that YOU she was talking about (wink).

No, I rather think not. Step back from your moral convictions when those kinds of questions arise, and try answering from a professional perspective, not as one who feels they have been personally attacked. Isn't that what the forum is for?

The party out of power who feels they are out of power (in whichever time frame) is going to be the one most apt to do the twitching about things. It's the nature of the game. But there's a LOT to be said for civility, and it seems in the last year, any pretense of civility in public has gone straight into the toilet. I cannot believe how incredibly rude people are in public, whether politically, or just bumping into one another with no apologies. Can this forum at least try to avoid that?

Egotism seems to be getting in the way of common sense. Be kind to one another and help the poster find a solution to how to deal with one who is disruptive rather than doing the me too rabble rousing. That, from the benefit of having read several days worth, was silly.

Looking for a Job in the Arts?