There are many variables, mainly it depends on what the clothing is made of (assuming these are new modern clothes). Clothing in collections is generally not cleaned, but a strong man's shirt could be sent to a trusted cleaner if the smell is that offensive. Otherwise you can hang it on a padded hanger and over time the smell will dissipate. However, sweat does weaken fabric over time, so if it is a strong cotton, poly, wool, etc, I would likely dry clean it or maybe spot clean the arm pits with Orvus (http://www.amazon.com/Orvus-8-Oz-Quilt-Soap/dp/B000BQLJIU). The only way to know which piece is smelling is to sniff the likely culprits in the likely areas. From my experience it very likely will be the shirt that is with a suit. You will want to isolate it while you decide so that the outerwear doesn't get the smell from the inner wear.

Also, I am guessing your boxes have lids that go all the way down to the bottom of the box, these are notoriously hard to open and have been a nightmare every time I have dealt with them in collections. When you make any future orders for boxes,  get them with shallow lids. Having no lid on lets in light, dust and bugs and sort of cancels out much of the benefit of having the boxes in the first place. Plus it is a big waste of space if you cannot stack them safely. Custom lids can also be made from flat cardboard or it may be possible to "fix" the existing lids with a box cutter and glue gun.

Elizabeth Walton
Waltonmuseumservices.com