From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heidi Campbell-Shoaf
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:43 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] motion activated lights

We’re considering changing our light switches in our galleries to ones that are motion activated in an effort to reduce our electricity use and to reduce the exposure of artifacts to unnecessary light when no one is the room. Does anyone know of any studies done on whether theses switches actually save energy? Does anyone on the list have experience with them?

Thanks,

Heidi

Heidi Campbell-Shoaf

Executive Director

Historical Society of Frederick County

24 E. Church St.

Frederick MD 21701

301.663.1188

www.hsfcinfo.org

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: