Try these folks
_http://www.theworldwar.org/s/110/new/index.aspx?sid=110&gid=1&pgid=1054_
(http://www.theworldwar.org/s/110/new/index.aspx?sid=110&gid=1&pgid=1054)

the National World War I Museum

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 11/3/2009 11:15:38 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

We have  recently accepted into our collection an important WWI German
Maxum Machine  Gun.  Important because it is the machine gun captured by war
hero, Alvin  C. York.  We are planning the exhibit opening in Feb. 2010.  To my
 knowledge it is in the original condition.  It is in dire need of
cleaning.  What is recomended for cleaning and preservation?  Thanks  so much for
your  help!

Important  Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed  information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message  to [log in to unmask] . The body
of the message should read "help"  (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a  one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the  message should read "Signoff
Museum-L" (without the  quotes).