From: Jennifer Hurst <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Paranormal Investigation Policy
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, October 27, 2009, 9:33 AM

Does anyone have a paranormal investigation policy that you can share? We have been inundated with requests for paranormal researchers to “study” our historic properties. Before we proceed further we would like to be as informed as possible so if anyone has any experience with this and any policies or guidelines in place that you could share would be much appreciated. Also, how do you deal with insurance for researchers?  What do you charge?  Do you make them sign a waiver? How much control do you have of the distribution of information gathered during the investigation? What kind of controls do you put in place? How do you screen these groups? Is it worth it? Does it affect site visitation? Has income and visibility increased?

Thanks so much for the help!

Jen

Jennifer Hurst

Statewide Education Coordinator

PRESERVATION VIRGINIA

204 West Franklin Street

Richmond, VA 23220

Phone: 804-314-7530 | Fax: 804-775-0802

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]" target=_blank rel=nofollow ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] | Web: preservationvirginia.org

Connecting people and resources to ensure the continued vitality of Virginia ’s historic places