For years, we have offered a discount to people purchasing advance tickets to our house tours or other special events. The discount can be anywhere from $3 to $8 depending on the event.

We have noticed, over the past 3 years, an increasingly shorter time frame between the majority of purchases and the actual event.  It appears that people are waiting longer to get their tickets, or even make the decision to attend.  I’ve heard the same from other institutions in the area.

Now I’m wondering if the higher at-the-door price might be more of a disincentive to attend if you’ve put it off until the event day, rather than an incentive to purchase in advance – especially for our young adult demographic.

Do you offer discounted advance purchase?  Are you seeing a change in the purchase time frame?  Thoughts, opinions?

Cindy Boyer

Director of Museums and Education

The Landmark Society of Western New York

133 S. Fitzhugh St.

Rochester NY  14608

(585) 546-7029 ext. 12

The Landmark Society:  Revitalizing Yesterday, Protecting Today, and Planning for Tomorrow

www.landmarksociety.org <http://www.landmarksociety.org/>

Confessions of a Preservationist: The Landmark Society blog <http://landmarksocietywny.blogspot.com/>

Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12149056258>  / MySpace <http://www.myspace.com/landmarksociety>