Because we are a part of the campus we have to adhere to the dress code set
forth by the New Mexico Junior College:

Each NMJC employee represents the College, both on and off campus. Positive
public relations include a friendly smile, courteous manner, and a cordial,
well-mannered disposition toward all with whom we come in contact. Employees
shall project a professional image in the workplace and are expected to
dress in a professional manner appropriate to their role and job duties.
Within these general boundaries, there shall be specified clothing not to be
worn by office employees and faculty while on duty--t-shirts, shorts,
mini-skirts, sweat pants and/or nylon wind suits, tank/halter tops, sun
dresses, leggings and jeans (blue/black/white/red/colored). However,
Friday’s are designated as jean days. This means clean jeans that are in
good repair, without holes, can be worn. T-shirts that are NMJC sanctioned
which includes all NMJC organizational and departmental t-shirts can be worn
only on Fridays. As approved by the President, certain workdays may be
declared “casual” or “dress-down” days. In order to maintain a professional
image, all student workers shall adhere to the College dress policy.

Erin Anderson
Curator
Western Heritage Museum Complex and Lea County Cowboy Hall of Fame
New Mexico Junior College