Esteemed Colleagues -
We have a fanning mill in our collection - who doesn't? - that is obviously missing some of its parts. Does anyone have a diagram of the innards of one of these, or some good photos of one that is intact? It's the old people-powered kind with a crank and paddles and screens, probably late 19th, early 20th c. It would have screens if it had them, but they're missing.
Thanks, as always,

Anne
ANNE T LANE, COLLECTIONS MANAGER
THE CHARLOTTE MUSEUM OF HISTORY
WHERE HISTORY HAS A HOME
3500 Shamrock Drive
Charlotte NC 28215
tel 704-568-1774, ext 110
fax 704-566-1817

FEATURED EXHIBITS:
Carolina Mountains - Photography of Margaret Morley
Charlotte Stories - Our Collections, Your Treasures