Hi Everyone,

   I am part of a graduate class that is working as a think tank for a small developing museum in Western North Carolina.  This message may sound a little familiar since one of my classmates has already posted a question.  The museum recently broke ground and the Directors have asked us to research different topics to help them make better decisions regarding technology, security, and software.  Being that this museum is in a small town, they have planned for it to be a cultural center in addition to displaying their permanent and rotating exhibits.  Included in this museum will be a theatre that will give an introduction to the collections.  My first question is concerning this theatre.  It will be small (I do not have exact dimensions) and will have to have the equipment needed to play the video.  I was wondering if any other museums have small theatres - what type of screens, projectors, or other video equipment/software do you use?  What company did you purchase this equipment/software from?

  Also, this museum will have a conference room.  They will need some type of multimedia system for these events.  I was wondering if there was a preference as to what type of system to use (i.e. Smartboards vs. Projection screens and monitors)?  If so, any recommendations of companies to purchase this from?

I have done some research to find answers to these questions so I know this can be an extensive topic.  Any recommendations or suggestions will be helpful.

Thank you,

Julianne Oroukin