From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Amanda Paszek
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 5:31 PM
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Stay at Home Parents as Volunteers

Stay at Home Parents as Volunteers

Our museum will soon be opening a more extensive and hands-on children’s discovery area which will inevitably over extend our current volunteer population. We are seeking new and innovative ways to attract more volunteers and one idea was to tap the stay-at-home-mom/dad graphic. We have just begun to study the thought and realize some immediate concerns; for example a Pro being- once the kids go off to school the parents will be able to continue working with us. Con- what happens if mom needs to change a pull-up during her shift?

Have any museums tried this before in their volunteer program, namely for their children’s discovery areas?

Thanks for any feed back.

Amanda Paszek

Monticello Intern

Illinois State Museum