The Museum of Ashe County History encourages people to bring us images.  We
scan the pictures into our digital archives and either add the original
prints to our collection or return them, as the donor wishes.  Many of these
pictures are framed, and we must remove the picture to scan it.  This is
done carefully and is beneficial because it allows us to clean dust, mildew
and bug crap from the inside of the frame and glass, as well as cleaning the
surface of the picture.  If the work is done by a conservator or a
professional framer, the last state is better than the first.

Don Long

Curator

The Museum of Ashe County History

PO Box 1404