We've had a hard time figuring out if we are getting people in the door
because of our Twitter feed.  I will say we've been podcasting for a few
years now and we are just now getting word of month reports that guests
are making comments to our front desk that they finally came to the museum
because they have been an avid listener to the podcasts (we get these
comments about once a month).

We hear a lot of people telling us that it's easier for them to "hear"
about events and get reminded about events using Twitter, but I think
these are people who would normally being trying to keep up with us any
way.  We are following our local newspaper's entertainment editor and she
is following us back.  It's great because every time we tweet
announcements, event reminders, or little reports from events she retweets
them.  We find that she usually does this within ten minutes of us having
posted something.  She has many more followers than we do right now and
this is stuff that the newspaper normally wouldn't publish because there
isn't enough room, so we feel like we are getting more coverage from our
local paper now

HM.

Heather Marie Wells
Collections Assistant/Podcast Producer