Paul's suggestions are good ones.  For information you'd like to keep available (say, on old exhibitions), I recommend editing the page to include a large and highly noticeable element (large, bold, contrasting text) saying something to the effect of: "This exhibit was open May 12, 2004 to January 3, 2005.  To see current and upcoming exhibits, visit http://www.example.com/exhibits."  I also suggest testing this page with random people.  The message with dates should be the first thing they notice.

To be honest, I'd love to have your problem.  Normally we get folks in clutching a newspaper or a printout of some random webpage (not ours), with all sorts of wrong information.  Just because the AAA magazine from 2004 says the museum is free does not mean it is currently so.

Kaia

---
Kaia Landon
Assistant Director and Curator of Collections
Mesa Historical Museum