Hello everyone,

I am researching some murals on canvas from the 1920s that were adhered to a wall with a mixture of "paste and molasses."  These works of art suffered multiple forms of abuse over the decades, including being wallpapered and painted over, and today they appear very dark yellow.  What I am wondering is if the molasses could be partly responsible for the yellow color.  I did a google search that revealed that molasses is acidic (PH 4-6).  If anyone has thoughts on this matter I would be most interested in hearing them.

All the best,

Travis

--
Travis Nygard