Recently we acquired a large collection of spittoons and cuspidors, and in processing it have found a spittoon with an accession number on the bottom painted in red.  The collection number is 75.7.  If you believe this item might have belonged to your museum, please contact me and tell me the complete accession number.  Thank you.

Note new email address:  [log in to unmask]

Martha Battle Jackson

Curator of Technology

North Carolina State Historic Sites

Mailing Address: 4620 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC  27699-4620
Street Address:  430 North Salisbury Street, Suite 1115, Raleigh, NC  27604
PH: 919/733-7862; ext. 236; FAX: 919/733-9515

Visit our website:  http://www.nchistoricsites.org/

E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law “NCGS.Ch.132” and may be disclosed to third parties by an authorized state official.