Please excuse the cross-postings.

The following was posted on the discussion list for the Association for Living History, Farm and Agricultural Museums (ALHFAM).  Please contact Ken Albala directly for more information on this conference.

Martha Katz-Hyman
*************************
Dear Fellow Culinary Historians,

I'm writing to ask for your help in spreading the news about an IACP (International Association of Culinary Professionals) food history conference I'm hosting here in Lodi, California, this coming October. The theme is the year 1849 and what was happening in kitchens all around the word, and then here in California. We have some spectacular speakers like Darra Goldstein, Andy Smith, Jeff Pilcher, Carol Helstosky and others.

The conference is being held at a beautiful inn surrounded by vineyards where the best zin in the country is made, inky red fruit bombs, of which we will be drinking plenty and meeting the people who make it. The menu will be vintage 1849 as well.

If you could help me get the word out to the members of your culinary history groups I would be much obliged.

http://www.iacp.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=699

Hope to see you there! Ken

Ken Albala, Professor of History
University of the Pacific