From: Chris Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, Jul 24, 2009 9:10 am
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Seeking advice shelter for Railroad Cars

We are working with another non-profit that runs the Atchison Rail
Museum and are seeking some ideas, or how other places have already
solved similar problems.?
?

The rail cars, including 1902 Steam Engine, several unique caboose
designs, dining and other cars are in an open air setting and beginning
to show deterioration - we know we have to do something soon otherwise
we will begin to lose these pieces of our railroad heritage.?
?

Has anyone already taken on this problem - designed and built a cover
structure to keep railroad cars out of the weather??

Any advice on this or if you know places that have their rail cars
covered that I could seek out information from would be great.?

Also any suggestions on someone who specializes in conserving railcars,
old fire equipment, etc.?
?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.?
?

Chris Taylor?

Executive Director?

Atchison County Historical Society?

P.O. Box 201?

200 S. 10th Street, Santa Fe Depot?

Atchison, KS 66002?

913-367-6238?

www.atchisonhistory.org?
?

Important Subscriber Information:?
?

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).?
?

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).?