This has been a fun question to explore.
The less nasty ones could be called   gag trick boxes  and  are sold online
using that term
Just an idea on my part, could the others be called Pandora's? Idiomatic
definition---

"...If you open a Pandora's box, something you do causes all sorts of
trouble that you hadn't anticipated..."
_http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/pandora's+box.html_
(http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/pandora's+box.html)

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 7/1/2009 8:37:12 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,