Hi - We have received a large hornets' nest that we want to display in our museum, since Charlotte has considered the hornet's nest their very own symbol ever since General Lord Cornwallis dubbed the area "a hornets' nest of rebellion." I would like to freeze it - it was sprayed by the donor, but that's no guarantee there aren't other bits of critters lurking within the folds. This thing is big - we have it sealed into a large plastic tote, so I'm thinking maybe 6 cubic feet. We don't have a freezer. Anybody in our area have a large freezer, or know of a facility that would let us keep a well-sealed nest in their freezer for a few weeks?
Many thanks,

Anne

Anne T. Lane

Collections Manager

704.568.1774 x110 phone

704.566.1817 fax

The Charlotte Museum of History and Hezekiah Alexander Homesite

Where  History Has a Home

3500 Shamrock Drive

Charlotte, NC  28215-3214

www.charlottemuseum.org<http://www.charlottemuseum.org/>

Featured Exhibits:
Charlotte Stories: Our Collections, Your Treasures
Charlotte Neighborhoods: NoDa