From: Linda Norris <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Museums with Schools in the Neighborhood
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009, 12:25 PM

Hello All--

(Please forgive cross--postings).  For an interpretive planning project, I'm interested in learning about partnerships and collaborations that museums of all types might have with schools that are in the neighborhood.  Next door, down the street--close enough that students could walk.   I'd like to know how partnerships are developed and sustained,  do teacher and/or parent advisory committees work,  have museums found in-school or after-school programming to be most engaging for parents and children,  whether exhibits or programs are most effective in attracting audiences, and in general, any advice you might have.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Linda Norris

--
Read my blog: