Greetings Museum-Lers!

Now is the time again that we organize session presentations for the AAM
2010 Los Angels May 23-27. The deadline for Media and Technology SPC
endorsement is July 10, two weeks from now!

2010 has as its theme: "Museums Without Borders"

We encourage you to search for new answers and/or discussions to the
following ideas,

* Technology and the Small Museum (all areas)

* International Perspectives: Cross Regions and Borders (all areas)

* Technology Management Through Tough Economic

* Leadership, Sustainability, Accountability

* Initiating Change: How to Adopt New Technologies Without Fear

* Connecting the Dots: Re-Design, Re-Purpose, and Re-Use / Digital
Assets

* Best Models, Best Practices, Innovative Uses and Practical
Implications

* Exhibit Design and Development (Online/Onsite)

* Alternative Interactive Devices / Alternative Interfaces

* Educational Programs and Professional Development (Online/Onsite)

* What's Next in Web 2.0 or Web 3.0

* Social Participation / Social Networking / Public Curation

* Communication, Collaboration, and Sharing Resources

* System Integration, Preservation, and Convergence

* Building Diverse Communities / Diversity of Participation / Thought
and Action

* New Ideas, New Approaches /  Future Trends in Museum Media &
Technology

* Ideas for Technology Tutorials ...

What can you do?

For those who attended at Philadelphia, look over your notes and think
back for a moment. Send me your comments as to what were the outstanding
topics or individual speakers that you saw. What were the issues that
you would like to see addressed again, in greater detail, or perhaps
differently? Even if you didn't attend, take a moment to review the same
questions: what information or topics need to be explored in a forum
where so many diverse associates gather?  What should we, as a
committee, be looking at as our important, central concerns?

If you are interested in organizing a session, please drop me a note
first. This is not an empty solicitation, you will be responded to, and
this is a direct path to having your voice heard...join in!

AGAIN! DEADLINE FOR M&T SPC ENDORSEMENT (complete proposal) is July 10,
2009.

As AAM is continuing its 'green steps' in the session proposal process,
the entire submission process will now be online only.  Anyone can
submit a proposal, you don't have to be a member of AAM.  Just follow
the Session Proposal Guideline at
http://www.aam-us.org/am10/sessionpropos.cfm

To submit a proposal, click on "Submit a Proposal" and follow the steps.
The online form does not have spell check or formatting options and
there are size limits to most description fields. We suggest that you
type your proposal in Word, run spell check and make any formatting
changes (like bold, italics or underlines) there.  You can then copy and
paste in to the appropriate section of the proposal form.

Again, thanks to you all for being a part of this committee. I look
forward to our further conversations.

My best,

Herminia

Program Chair, Media and Technology Committee

Email: [log in to unmask]

See your website for 2009 MUSE winners and other great informational
links:

http://www.mediaandtechnology.org/muse/index.html