Hi Museum List,

I am looking for support, suggestions, guidance, anything to help the board and staff deal with a board member who vocally and repeatedly insists that "we can't possibly be a museum because we aren't open to public enough."

We are a small institution with two houses and are open to the public Memorial Day through Columbus Day and Sundays during the rest of the year.

The board president has already provided the trustee with the AAM definition and federal definitions of a museum and has asked me for any other additional support.

Please feel free to email me off the list [log in to unmask]

Thanks!