I bought Sansa Fuzes for our gallery podcasts and have been quite happy with them. I bought refurbished 4 gig versions from newegg.com for $40 each, which was a darn good price. The sound is good, the controls make sense, and it can even handle video if we ever decide to go that route. We haven’t been using them long enough for me to evaluate long-term survival, but I personally have an older model Sansa which has chugged along wonderfully for several years with no problems. The one annoying thing is that there is no lanyard attachment on the Fuze—what I ended up doing was buying silicone covers on Ebay (about $1 apiece) and then attaching neck lanyards to the covers.

Kathy

P.S. If you end up buying Fuzes, let me know and I can e-mail you the little flyer of directions we give out at the front desk when we loan out the device.

Katherine Haas

Curatorial Assistant

Rosenbach Museum & Library

2008-2010 Delancey Place