From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Harvey
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 11:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Febreeze

Charlie,

I think that most conservators would advise using cassettes of activated charcoal in the box to absorb much of the odor and then air circulation to finish it - you'll need to do this in an area away from staff and visitors as the mothball fumes can be adverse to health.

Here is the MSDS:
http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/n0090.htm

You can contact a qualified textiles conservator (call Colonial Williamsburg - I think that Loreen may still be there) for further advice.

Cheers!
Dave