Perhaps the folks connected with this site might  help
_http://anthropology.si.edu/conservation/lamination/lamination_guidelines2.h
tm_
(http://anthropology.si.edu/conservation/lamination/lamination_guidelines2.htm)

found by a web search using the terms
lamination vinegar

Barbara Hass, retired librarian

In a message dated 6/24/2009 7:55:23 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find information about  vinegar syndrome and
newspapers?  Everything I find about vinegar  syndrome deals with film or
photos.  I dealt with this at another  museum I worked at where hundreds of
documents dating from the 1850-1960s  were stored in scrapbooks (binders) in
plastic along with newspaper  articles from the 1960s and were nearly
destroyed by acid, so I know it  happens, just can't find any info on it.

We just had some newspapers  come in with a collection that are half-way
laminated (for lack of better  terms) and show signs of vinegar syndrome.  I
need something to back  up my claims that they need to be scanned and
destroyed and certainly can't  be kept with the rest of our collection.  I
thought there would be at  least something out there about it but so far
nothing online or in any of  the books on my book shelf.

Thanks,
Lisa

Important  Subscriber Information:

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed  information about the listserv commands by
sending a one line e-mail message  to [log in to unmask] . The body
of the message should read "help"  (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a  one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the  message should read "Signoff
Museum-L" (without the  quotes).

**************Check all of your email inboxes from anywhere on the web.
Try the new Email Toolbar now!
(http://toolbar.aol.com/mail/download.html?ncid=txtlnkusdown00000027)