Jamie,

You might like to consider our FlashAudio players for this application.  Following are links to more information:

FlashAudio SI (Single Input)
FlashAudio 16m (multiple button input)
FlashAudio Examples
Pushbuttons
Speakers

If you have any question, please feel free to call or email.

Thanks,
 -Mark-

 * Mark Fowle, Partner
 * SIGNAL-INNOVA
 * 2841 East 19th Street
 * Signal Hill, CA 90755
 * Email: mailto:markfowle@signal-innova.com
 * http://www.SIGNAL-INNOVA.com/
 * Phone: (800) 417-9060
 * Fax: (800) 773-7694

Jamie Smith wrote:

Hi All:

We are trying to replace an audio messaging unit that we have at the Museum. It is cube shaped with a flat button on top of the cube and it allows us to record a 2-3 minute message that can be replayed by the visitor when they touch the button. We use it next to a mannequin dressed in fire gear to stress to children not to be afraid of or hide from firefighters during a fire, even though they look scary in their gear.  We house the unit in a wooden fire hydrant, so that only the button is exposed. The unit finally stopped working and we can not find any information on the unit or anywhere else to indentify where it was purchased from. Is anyone familiar with this type of unit and where it might be purchased from? We will consider any similar device that will work in this fashion as well. You can contact me off list if you prefer.

Thanks for your assistance,

Jamie Smith, Director FASNY Museum of Firefighting