I am posting on behalf of someone else, so please any queries should go to the email in the announcement, not me. Thanks.

Executive Director

The American Museum in Britain

The American Museum in Britain, located in Bath, is seeking an experienced and

dynamic leader to be its next Executive Director. This position will present a

unique and exciting challenge to the proper individual. The Museum will be

celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2011 and is about to embark on the third and

final phase of its Capital Campaign – The Centre for American Cultural Studies.

The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and will be experienced

in managing people, budgets and Museum programming. The Director will work

closely with our diverse board, both in the United States and England as well with

our Friends, donors, and Council members. The Director will be well versed in

fund-raising and will have the talents necessary to cultivate new relationships,

strengthen our presence in Bath, London and the US, and broaden our base of

support. In addition to having a keen understanding of museums, the ideal

candidate will have experience with American Decorative Arts.

We are not only looking for experience but excitement and imagination.

For further information www.americanmuseum.org

The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and pension benefits. If

you believe that you are up to this challenge, please submit your resume, together

with a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interests to

[log in to unmask] by 17 July 2009.