The Cultural Resource Management Program at the University of Victoria, British Columbia is pleased to announce its Fall 2009 distance education and on-campus immersion learning opportunities.

Our courses are geared toward professionals, volunteers and board members in museums, galleries, heritage sites, cultural centres and related organizations. Courses are designed to address the emerging needs of the sector and build your personal and organizational capacity.

In both on-campus and distance education formats, you interact with colleagues from across North America and beyond, participate in stimulating learning activities, and relate your learning to the practical issues and realities of your workplace and community. Courses are taught by instructors who are leading professionals in the field.

Courses can be taken individually or towards a comprehensive diploma or focused professional specialization certificate. Credit and non-credit registration options are available. Choose the programs and format best suited to meet your needs from the flexible options available.

The following information provides a brief overview of our course offerings and a listing of upcoming sessions. For more information on each of these sessions, visit our "Upcoming Courses" page on our website at: http://www.continuingstudies.uvic.ca/crmp/

Distance Learning Courses

Our distance learning courses enable you to learn flexibly, either at home or in your workplace, at the times best suited to your learning needs. Print and online learning resources and interactive communications create stimulating environments where you learn together with expert instructors and dedicated colleagues.

Upcoming Distance Offerings for Fall 2009:

Museum Principles and Practices I: Communities, Curatorship, and Collections (HA 486A)
September 14-December 20, 2009

Heritage Resource Management (HA 487A)
September 14-December 20, 2009

Public Programming (HA 488G)
September 9-December 20, 2009
Instructor: Candace Tangorra Matelic

Curatorship: Contemporary Perspectives (HA 488J)
September 14-December 20, 2009
Instructor: Debra Graham

Building Sustainable Community Relationships (HA 488S)

September 14-December 20, 2009

Instructor:  Elizabeth Kidd

On-Campus Immersion Courses

Our on-campus immersion courses bring together small groups of colleagues and expert instructors.  The 6-day immersion format provides inspiring learning experiences away from the workplace.

Upcoming On-Campus Offerings for Fall 2009:

Collections Management (HA 488B)

September 21-26, 2009

Instructor:  Richard Gerrard

Downtown Revitalization through Heritage Conservation (HA 489A)

October 19-24, 2009
Instructor: Larry Pearson

Communicating Through Exhibitions (HA 488C)
November 2-7, 2009
Instructor: Ruth Freeman

Heritage Conservation Planning (HA 489L)

November 30-December 5, 2009

Instructor:  TBA

For more information on our programs and courses, please visit our website at http://www.continuingstudies.uvic.ca/crmp/ or contact:

Anissa J. Paulsen, Program Coordinator