I would be interested in this also.

Debra Loguda-Summers, Curator
Still National Osteopathic Museum and International Center for Osteopathic History
800 West Jefferson
Kirksville, MO 63501
Phone: 660 626 2359
Fax: 660 626 2984
Toll Free: 1 866 626 ATSU Ext. 2359
www.atsu.edu/museum

The Mission of the Still National Osteopathic Museum is to collect, preserve, and make available artifacts and related materials to communicate the history and philosophy about the osteopathic principles of mind, body and spirit to a global audience.

>>> Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]> 6/3/2009 10:47 AM >>>
In my experience, these agreements are worked out between the institution offering credit and the employer.  The crediting institution will have much to say about the requirements. As well as examining those from other museums, you may want to approach local universities.

>>> [log in to unmask] 6/3/2009 10:31 AM >>>
I would be interested in this agreement as well.

Christa McCay, M.H.P.
Registrar
Marietta Museum of History
1 Depot Street, Ste. 200
Marietta, GA 30060
770-794-5726

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:17:41 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Terrence Quinlan <[log in to unmask]> Subject: AMS Conservation Department Blog Update MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> Please accept my apologies for cross posting this message. The original message contained an incorrect URL. AMS Conservation Department blog update. The Applied Museum Studies program is very pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s community awards of achievement. Winners were presented their awards at the Algonquin College Annual Community Studies Awards Ceremony hosted at Algonquin College on May 27, 2009. Please view the blog for an overview of this year’s recipient’s accomplishments and award presenters. http://profconservation.wordpress.com/ ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:50:15 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Sara Croft <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Assistive Technology Museum/Event Exhibit MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundaryMessage-ID: <[log in to unmask]> --001636c924a8b869d3046b754a02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello all, I am an intern for Easter Seals Crossroads in Indianapolis and we are celebrating our 30th anniversary in August at the convention center in Indianapolis. As a recent art history graduate and museum intern I have been invited by the company to help create a museum exhibit for the conference that will portray how assistive technology has progressed within the past thirty years. I have about thirty items or so to work with but I do not need to use all of them. The exhibit space is 40' x 40'. The general goal is to create somewhat of a timeline, where people would be able to walk around and actually use the equipment that is on display. Culminating at the end of the timeline would be the state-of-the-art technology that is currently in use. Much of my preliminary research has been done through various google terms. What I am asking the listserv is for knowledge of anyone who has worked with assistive technology exhibits, or technology in general, and possible ways that you have curated your exhibit. I am not looking to steal anyone's creativity, but I am curious to see what others have worked on since this is an area that does not get much attention in museums. Sincerely, Sara Croft Intern at Easter Seals Crossroads Indianapolis, IN ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --001636c924a8b869d3046b754a02 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

[...]

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --001636c924a8b869d3046b754a02-- ========================================================================Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 16:30:10 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: David Lewias <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Assistive Technology Museum/Event Exhibit In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--------MB_8CBB2A139D72CCA_838_2E5D_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> ----------MB_8CBB2A139D72CCA_838_2E5D_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Sara -- If you haven't already done so, you might contact the various medical museums -- the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia, the Museum of Surgical Science here in Chicago, and the NIH Archive/Museum in Washington DC area. -- and I'm sure there are 100s more... - David - David Lewis, Curator Aurora Regional Fire Museum www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org -----Original Message----- From: Sara Croft <[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:50 pm Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Assistive Technology Museum/Event Exhibit Hello all, ? I am an intern for Easter Seals Crossroads in Indianapolis and we are celebrating our 30th anniversary in August at the convention center in Indianapolis.? As a recent art history graduate and museum intern I have been invited by the company to help create a museum exhibit for the conference that will portray how assistive technology has progressed within the past thirty years. ? I have about thirty items or so to work with but I do not need to use all of them. The exhibit space is 40' x 40'.? The general goal is to create somewhat of a timeline, where people would be able to walk around and actually use the equipment that is on display.? Culminating at the end of the timeline would be the state-of-the-art technology that is currently in use. ? ? Much of my preliminary research has been done through various google terms.? What I am asking the listserv is for knowledge of anyone who has worked with assistive technology exhibits, or technology in general, and possible ways that you have curated your exhibit.? I am not looking to steal anyone's creativity, but I am curious to see what others have worked on since this is an area that does not get much attention in museums. ? Sincerely, Sara Croft Intern at Easter Seals Crossroads Indianapolis, IN ? ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ----------MB_8CBB2A139D72CCA_838_2E5D_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ----------MB_8CBB2A139D72CCA_838_2E5D_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com-- ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:14:57 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Sara Croft <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Assistive Technology Museum/Event Exhibit In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundaryMessage-ID: <[log in to unmask]> --001485f8129002ad64046b859019 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David, I looked into several medical museums, such as the one we have right here in Indianapolis, but the difference between their museum and my visions for the exhibit is that the museums are using historical buildings or areas to portray their items. I'll be working in a convention center that will resemble nothing of the sort. I'm looking for more of a children's museum approach where people would be able to look around and actually use the equipment on display (I know, totally not something I am used to as an art museum intern). -Sara On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM, David Lewias <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > Sara -- > > If you haven't already done so, you might contact the various medical > museums -- the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia, the Museum of Surgical Science > here in Chicago, and the NIH Archive/Museum in Washington DC area. -- and > I'm sure there are 100s more... > > - David - > David Lewis, Curator > Aurora Regional Fire Museum > www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Sara Croft <[log in to unmask]> > To: [log in to unmask] > Sent: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:50 pm > Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Assistive Technology Museum/Event Exhibit > > Hello all, > > I am an intern for Easter Seals Crossroads in Indianapolis and we are > celebrating our 30th anniversary in August at the convention center in > Indianapolis. As a recent art history graduate and museum intern I have > been invited by the company to help create a museum exhibit for the > conference that will portray how assistive technology has progressed within > the past thirty years. > > I have about thirty items or so to work with but I do not need to use all > of them. The exhibit space is 40' x 40'. The general goal is to create > somewhat of a timeline, where people would be able to walk around and > actually use the equipment that is on display. Culminating at the end of > the timeline would be the state-of-the-art technology that is currently in > use. > > > Much of my preliminary research has been done through various google > terms. What I am asking the listserv is for knowledge of anyone who has > worked with assistive technology exhibits, or technology in general, and > possible ways that you have curated your exhibit. I am not looking to steal > anyone's creativity, but I am curious to see what others have worked on > since this is an area that does not get much attention in museums. > > Sincerely, > Sara Croft > Intern at Easter Seals Crossroads > Indianapolis, IN > > ========================================================= Important > Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at > http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed > information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message > to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read > "help" (without the quotes). > If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to > [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read > "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). > ========================================================= Important > Subscriber Information: > > The Museum-L FAQ file is located at > http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed > information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message > to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read > "help" (without the quotes). > > If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to > [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read > "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). > > ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --001485f8129002ad64046b859019 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

[...]

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --001485f8129002ad64046b859019-- ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:26:11 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Lee Goodan <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Assistive Technology Museum/Event Exhibit Comments: To: Sara Croft <[log in to unmask]> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> You may want to contact Katherine Ott, the Curator of the Division of Medicine and Society at the National Museum of American History. I saw her speak at the 2008 Smithsonian Affiliations National Conference. Her presentation was titled Exhibiting the History of Disability and was part of the Where's My Story? Incorporating Multiple Perspectives in Interpretation session. Lee Goodan Exhibits Manager The Charlotte Museum of History [log in to unmask] 704-568-1774 x.125 www.charlottemuseum.org ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:31:37 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Michelle Moon <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Questions in Seeking an Internship In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> Because many on this list have asked about the Intern Agreement we use at Strawbery Banke, I thought I would describe the form (which is easy to adapt) and clarify its place in the process. First of all, this is not an agreement related to credit from the student's institutions. when necessary, that is handled separately. I have found that most students' sending institutions don't require any formal paperwork for summer internships, even in some of the major graduate programs. Though they may require work from the student to document the internship, in five years of having more than 35 interns, I've only had to become involved in credit arrangements for four of them. It seems as though the academic-year internships which are done in conjunction with a specific course outline require this more often than the summer internships, which are often elective or at least informally managed. The agreement, instead, is one between our institution and the student. It is a single document which clarifies all the plans we have made after their application was accepted and formalizes their intent to join us and stay through the term of the internship. It helps us feel the process is complete and that I, the student, and their direct supervisor all have the same information. So the agreement is a simple Word template, printed on our letterhead. We customize it for each student, print two copies on letterhead, and send both to the student with an acceptance letter. The student sends bak the two signed copies, then I sign both copies, and we return one to the student while keeping the other for our files. The form has the following fields: Intern Name: Museum Department: Department Supervisor: [who will be responsible for the intern] Internship Start Date: Internship End Date: Credit or Other documentation: [describe] Housing arrangement: [if museum is providing] Stipend: [if offered] Responsibilities and projects: [quick description of specific projects or tasks expected to be part of the assignment] Schedule: [outline expectations of days, hours to be worked, and any days off the intern has requested in advance, or holidays given (such as 4th of July, in summer) Simple as this is, it becomes the one-stop, one-page reference for all the questions people normally have about interns before they start! I think it also assures the interns that they've had a formal intake of some kind. Hope that helps! ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:22:41 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: DAVID EBITZ <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Questions in Seeking an Internship Comments: To: Debra Loguda-Summers <[log in to unmask]> In-Reply-To: [log in to unmask] MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="=-JeUvz1S+UFRAHO+w/ERA" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> --=-JeUvz1S+UFRAHO+w/ERA Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Folks, For some examples of materials for internships, go to the museum-ed site: http://www.museum-ed.org/content/view/70/70/ David On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 11:55 AM, Debra Loguda-Summers <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > >I would be interested in this also. > > > > >Debra Loguda-Summers, Curator >Still National Osteopathic Museum and International Center for Osteopathic History >800 West Jefferson >Kirksville, MO 63501 >Phone: 660 626 2359 >Fax: 660 626 2984 >Toll Free: 1 866 626 ATSU Ext. 2359 >[log in to unmask] >www.atsu.edu/museum > > > >The Mission of the StillNationalOsteopathicMuseum is to collect, preserve, and make available artifacts and related materials to communicate the history and philosophy about the osteopathic principles of mind, body and spirit to a global audience. > > > > > >>>> Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]> 6/3/2009 10:47 AM >>> >In my experience, these agreements are worked out between the institution offering credit and the employer. The crediting institution will have much to say about the requirements. As well as examining those from other museums, you may want to approach local universities. > > >>>> [log in to unmask] 6/3/2009 10:31 AM >>> >I would be interested in this agreement as well. > >Christa McCay, M.H.P. >Registrar >Marietta Museum of History >1 Depot Street, Ste. 200 >Marietta, GA 30060 >770-794-5726 > > >Quoting las <[log in to unmask]>: > >> Michelle, >> We have just initiated an museum internship program. I have >> developed an internship application and a notebook with week by week >> goals and tasks. I was very interested in your "internship >> agreement" - I have overlooked it. Would it be possible to email as >> attachment so I could review it and adapt its format to our needs >> as a small, history museum in West Georgia? >> >> Thanks and Best Regards, >> Laurie >> >> -----Original Message----- >>> From: Michelle Moon <[log in to unmask]> >>&g========================================================Important Subscriber Information: > > The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). > > If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). David Ebitz Professor-in-Charge, Art Education Program Associate Professor of Art and Art Education Coordinator, Museums and Cultural Institutions Option in Art Education 212 Arts Cottage School of Visual Arts Pennsylvania State University University Park, PA 16802 814 863-1004 (office) 814 863-8664 (fax) 814 360-5372 (cell) ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --=-JeUvz1S+UFRAHO+w/ERA Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

Quoting las <[log in to unmask]>:

> Michelle,
> We have just initiated an museum internship program. I have
> developed an internship application and a notebook with week by week
>  goals and tasks.  I was very interested in your "internship
> agreement" - I have overlooked it.  Would it be possible to email as
>  attachment so I could review it and adapt its format to our needs
> as  a small, history museum in West Georgia?
>
> Thanks and Best Regards,
> Laurie

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --=-JeUvz1S+UFRAHO+w/ERA-- ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:11:13 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: "Casey, Rhonda (VMNH)" <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Executive director MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C9E537.7A7748B2" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9E537.7A7748B2 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR The Virginia Museum of Natural History, located in Martinsville, Virginia, is seeking a new Executive Director. The museum is an agency of the Secretary of Natural Resources for the Commonwealth of Virginia, and is the official state museum and repository for collections pertaining to the natural history of Virginia. The museum is an affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution. Founded in 1984 as a private museum, it became a state agency in 1988, and earned AAM accreditation in 1993. The museum has strong programs in research and collections, and both in-house and outreach education. The museum employs 39 full-time staff and 26 part-time staff, with a fiscal year 2008 budget of $4,245,606. The museum opened a newly constructed, 89,127 square-foot facility in March 2007. Candidates must have excellent leadership, communication, and management skills, and must be knowledgeable in all facets of the museum. This position includes significant fundraising responsibilities. An advanced degree in a related field is preferred. The salary for the position is commensurate with experience and qualifications with a maximum budgeted level of $105,000. Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. July 8, 2009. Interested candidates should apply online at http://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov. VMNH is an equal opportunity employer. Rhonda J. Casey Human Resources Manager Virginia Museum of Natural History 21 Starling Ave Martinsville VA 24112-2921 276.634.4158/276.634.4197 (fax) [log in to unmask] ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9E537.7A7748B2 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Executive director

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9E537.7A7748B2-- ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:12:42 -0700 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Gayle <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Questions in Seeking an Internship In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1934184307-1244139162=:94438" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> --0-1934184307-1244139162=:94438 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If you would like to share it with the group and not have to email it to oodles of people, you are welcome to post it on this list's Share Drive, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseDocs  You uploaded it to the MuseDocs files section, send an announcement to that group and this it is available, and then you're done. Others can download as need be.   Looking for a Job in the Arts?  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs Tweetcha Later! https://twitter.com/Indigo_Nights      ________________________________ From: Michelle Moon <[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:31:37 AM Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Questions in Seeking an Internship Because many on this list have asked about the Intern Agreement we use at Strawbery Banke, I thought I would describe the form (which is easy to adapt) and clarify its place in the process. First of all, this is not an agreement related to credit from the student's institutions. when necessary, that is handled separately. I have found that most students' sending institutions don't require any formal paperwork for summer internships, even in some of the major graduate programs. Though they may require work from the student to document the internship, in five years of having more than 35 interns, I've only had to become involved in credit arrangements for four of them. It seems as though the academic-year internships which are done in conjunction with a specific course outline require this more often than the summer internships, which are often elective or at least informally managed. The agreement, instead, is one between our institution and the student. It is a single document which clarifies all the plans we have made after their application was accepted and formalizes their intent to join us and stay through the term of the internship. It helps us feel the process is complete and that I, the student, and their direct supervisor all have the same information. So the agreement is a simple Word template, printed on our letterhead. We customize it for each student, print two copies on letterhead, and send both to the student with an acceptance letter. The student sends bak the two signed copies, then I sign both copies, and we return one to the student while keeping the other for our files. The form has the following fields: Intern Name: Museum Department: Department Supervisor: [who will be responsible for the intern] Internship Start Date: Internship End Date: Credit or Other documentation: [describe] Housing arrangement: [if museum is providing] Stipend: [if offered] Responsibilities and projects: [quick description of specific projects or tasks expected to be part of the assignment] Schedule: [outline expectations of days, hours to be worked, and any days off the intern has requested in advance, or holidays given (such as 4th of July, in summer) Simple as this is, it becomes the one-stop, one-page reference for all the questions people normally have about interns before they start! I think it also assures the interns that they've had a formal intake of some kind. Hope that helps! ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --0-1934184307-1244139162=:94438 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you would like to share it with the group and not have to email it to oodles of people, you are welcome to post it on this list's Share Drive, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseDocs  You uploaded it to the MuseDocs files section, send an announcement to that group and this it is available, and then you're done. Others can download as need be.

Looking for a Job in the Arts?

Tweetcha Later!
https://twitter.com/Indigo_Nights

animated twitter button

From: Michelle Moon <[log in to unmask]>

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:39:46 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Laurie Williams <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> The Maricopa County Bar Association is helping the local legal community start a museum in our 1920's courthouse/ jail We have a cell block that will house the museum and I am looking for 1920's shower and sink fixtures to replace the missing fixtures and wired window glass to replace lost and broken windows. Does anyone know any companies that might be able to help. Thanks, Laurie ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:50:14 -0700 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Gayle <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-863188209-1244148614=:74824" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> --0-863188209-1244148614=:74824 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Taking a very wild shot in the dark here, I'm thinking you might contact the Habitat for Humanity ReStores. Since they sell used house parts to get money to rebuild homes, maybe they can connect you with something. http://www.habitat.org/env/restores.aspx   Looking for a Job in the Arts?  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs Tweetcha Later! https://twitter.com/Indigo_Nights      ________________________________ From: Laurie Williams <[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2009 11:39:46 AM Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass The Maricopa County Bar Association is helping the local legal community start a museum in our 1920's courthouse/ jail We have a cell block that will house the museum and I am looking for 1920's shower and sink fixtures to replace the missing fixtures  and wired window glass to replace lost and broken windows. Does anyone know any companies that might be able to help. Thanks, Laurie ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --0-863188209-1244148614=:74824 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Taking a very wild shot in the dark here, I'm thinking you might contact the Habitat for Humanity ReStores. Since they sell used house parts to get money to rebuild homes, maybe they can connect you with something. http://www.habitat.org/env/restores.aspx

Looking for a Job in the Arts?

animated twitter button

The Maricopa County Bar Association is helping the local legal community start a museum in our 1920's courthouse/ jail
We have a cell block that will house the museum and I am looking for 1920's shower and sink fixtures to replace the missing fixtures  and wired window glass to replace lost and broken windows.
Does anyone know any companies that might be able to help.
Thanks,
Laurie

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --0-863188209-1244148614=:74824-- ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:22:22 EDT Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Barbara Hass <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1244150542" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> -------------------------------1244150542 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit _http://www.djc.com/news/co/11155147.html_ (http://www.djc.com/news/co/11155147.html) Wired glass might not meet code. Ask your local window installers about the product. Barbara Hass, retired librarian ----------------------------------------------------------------- In a message dated 6/4/2009 2:54:03 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes: Maricopa County **************Limited Time Offers: Save big on popular laptops at Dell (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221354145x1201369495/aol?redir=http:%2F %2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215221161%3B37268813%3By) ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). -------------------------------1244150542 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). -------------------------------1244150542-- ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 17:27:07 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: David Lewias <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="--------MB_8CBB3725926831A_109C_2E9C_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> ----------MB_8CBB3725926831A_109C_2E9C_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" There are 100s of architectural salvage supply houses that sell old (salvaged) fixtures, and also restoration supply compnaies that would sell new (ADA compliant) reproductions of "old-tyme" looking fixtures. Try -- googling "architectural salvage bathroom restoration fixtures" or check out a couple of these links.... http://www.oldegoodthings.com/ http://www.oldhousejournal.com/products2/kitchen_bath http://www.preservationdirectory.com/PreservationBusinessesProductsServices/BusinessListings.aspx?catid7 http://www.bathsfromthepast.com http://www.rensup.com http://www.rejuvenation.com - David - David Lewis, Curator Aurora Regional Fire Museum www.AuroraRegionalFireMuseum.org -----Original Message----- From: Gayle <[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 3:50 pm Subject: Re: [MUSEUM-L] Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass Taking a very wild shot in the dark here, I'm thinking you might contact the Habitat for Humanity ReStores. Since they sell used house parts to get money to rebuild homes,?maybe they can connect you with something. http://www.habitat.org/env/restores.aspx ? Looking for a Job in the Arts?? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs Tweetcha Later! https://twitter.com/Indigo_Nights ?? ? From: Laurie Williams <[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2009 11:39:46 AM Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass The Maricopa County Bar Association is helping the local legal community start a museum in our 1920's courthouse/ jail We have a cell block that will house the museum and I am looking for 1920's shower and sink fixtures to replace the missing fixtures? and wired window glass to replace lost and broken windows. Does anyone know any companies that might be able to help. Thanks, Laurie ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ----------MB_8CBB3725926831A_109C_2E9C_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ----------MB_8CBB3725926831A_109C_2E9C_mblk-d32.sysops.aol.com-- ========================================================================Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 15:34:20 -0700 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Ware Petznick <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-908356676-1244154860=:47641" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> --0-908356676-1244154860=:47641 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable   Hi Laurie   Try DEA Bathrooms. They have historic fixtures.   If I didn't find original fixtures in the storage facility, I would have ordered shower heads from them for the McFaddin-Ward House third floor restoration.   http://www.deabath.com/index.html   They are based in California.   Best, Ware Petznick   --- On Thu, 6/4/09, Laurie Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote: From: Laurie Williams <[log in to unmask]> Subject: [MUSEUM-L] Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass To: [log in to unmask] Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 2:39 PM The Maricopa County Bar Association is helping the local legal community start a museum in our 1920's courthouse/ jail We have a cell block that will house the museum and I am looking for 1920's shower and sink fixtures to replace the missing fixtures   and wired window glass to replace lost and broken windows. Does anyone know any companies that might be able to help. Thanks, Laurie ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --0-908356676-1244154860=:47641 Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Laurie

Try DEA Bathrooms. They have historic fixtures.

If I didn't find original fixtures in the storage facility, I would have ordered shower heads from them for the McFaddin-Ward House third floor restoration.

They are based in California.

Best,
Ware Petznick

The Maricopa County Bar Association is helping the local legal community start a museum in our 1920's courthouse/ jail
We have a cell block that will house the museum and I am looking for 1920's shower and sink fixtures to replace the missing fixtures   and wired window glass to replace lost and broken windows.
Does anyone know any companies that might be able to help.
Thanks,
Laurie

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --0-908356676-1244154860=:47641-- ========================================================================Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 19:47:45 +0800 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Roger <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Brooklyn Museum Manager Busted * Eggs And Bacon Drove Us Mad * Witch Bottle Uncorked * Pipe Dreams * After an Age of Rage * Smithsonian's Got Ants * Fossils Become Faces * More! Comments: To: [log in to unmask] MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Message-ID: Welcome back to GLOBAL MUSEUM, your award-winning & free webzine compendium, read weekly by 7,400 readers in more than 187 countries. *** "As far as I am concerned it is the best source for museum professionals in search of employment " *** Free Online subscription. http://www.globalmuseum.org The international headlines (FOR THE FULL STORY VISIT THE WEBZINE at this address http://www.globalmuseum.org and click on the news links) in this week's edition include: ** After an Age of Rage, Museums Have Mastered the Display of Commotional Restraint At the height of the Brooklyn Museum's "Sensation" scandal in 1999, Arnold Lehman wore a bulletproof vest ** Where Art and Palaeontology Intersect, Fossils Become Faces If you find yourself face to face in a museum with Homo habilis, Australopithecus afarensis or Paranthropus boisei, you may be looking at his work ** Vikings in Nunavut? One of Canada's top Arctic archaeologists says the remnants of a stone-and-sod wall unearthed on southern Baffin Island may be traces of a shelter built more than 700 years ago by Norse seafarers - a stunning find that would be just the second location in the New World with evidence of a Viking-built structure ** American art gets a higher profile in U.S. museums They suggest at least three forces: a national coming of age, a thirst for new artistic territory and a critical mass of American material that has made its way from private homes to public museums ** Witch bottle is uncorked to discover spellbinding content Take a small heart-shaped piece of leather, a handful of iron nails, eight brass pins, a lock of hair, some nail clippings, a pinch of navel fluff and place them in a bottle ** Rajasthan's erotic garden paintings The gardens of Marwar come to London this summer with the British Museum's exhibition Gardens and Cosmos - 56 works from the royal court at Jodhpur never before been seen in Europe ________________________________________________________________ **** HAPPY TRAVELLERS - BEST FARES & DEALS FOR 2009! **** MUSEUM-TRAVELLER.COM - Global Museum's Travel Service For Business and Pleasure - the leading provider of online museum travel, established in 1998. 40,000 in over 8,000 cities worldwide. Group Reservations. CLICK HERE http://www.museum-traveller.com Airfares, Car Rentals, Accommodation, Destination Guides, Condo's and Cruises! Provider is a member of I.A.T.A. ________________________________________________________________ ** Munich's Brandhorst Museum is eye-catching inside and out The eye-catching building, near the Pinakothek der Moderne in Munich's museum complex, shimmers with colour on the outside, while the inside functions on the white cube principle, with well-filtered light and space in abundance, no décor to distract and plain yet imposing oak floors and staircases ** The U.S.S. Enterprise, in Strange New World of Museum You might, in other words, start to mistake this as an exhibition of real objects, even though on some the labels read not "prop" but "replica of a prop." ** Cat domestication first took place in Cyprus 9,500 years ago The discovery comes from Cyprus, where 9,500 years ago an adult human of unknown gender was buried along with an eight-month-old cat, whose body was oriented in the same direction as the human's - a sure sign of closeness between the two ** How to preserve the future of museums Questions around who 'owns' such objects, where they should be and what meanings we draw from them are at the heart of a debate currently raging amongst archaeologists, museum professionals, nation states and various claimant groups ** Five things you might not have known about the samurai While we usually associate the samurai with a distinctly Japanese aesthetic, the samurai loved exotic items, not just from elsewhere in East Asia but from distant locations in South and Southeast Asia as well ** Ex-payroll manager at Brooklyn Museum busted in $600G scam The Brooklyn Museum's former payroll manager was busted Thursday for stealing more than $600,000 by issuing bogus paychecks that he funnelled into his own pocket ________________________________________________________________________ ARE YOU ONE OF THE 309 Join the Global Museum Social Network - Meet & Make Friends, Share Photos & Videos, Blog, Use the Forum, Join A Group. Become one of our first 400 members - 309 have already met online. Join Today At http://globalmuseum.ning.com/ ________________________________________________________________________ ** New Beatles museum opens in Hamburg A new museum dedicated to the Beatles has opened in Hamburg, 49 years since the band, at that time a five-piece with no Ringo Starr, first played in a run-down strip club in the German city ** Crime and Picasso: The Shadowy Underworld of Art Art theft has become one of the world's most lucrative illegal activities, an estimated $6 billion black market business, with more than 50,000 heists occurring each year ** This Week's Horoscopes Libra - Sep 23 to Oct 23. A bizarre chain of existential mishaps will result in your third viewing of the hit romantic comedy Sleepless in Seattle this week ** Ants get their place in Smithsonian exhibit The Natural History museum is also home to the National Collection of Ants, a reference collection launched in 1881 and now containing more than 1 million specimens representing more than 5,000 ant species ** Museum teaches Mexican youths economics As Mexico struggles in the worldwide economic slump, officials are using a flashy museum to educate young Mexicans about fiscal responsibility and keep the country from slipping back into the boom-and-bust cycle that haunted it for decades ** We talked of eggs and bacon till it drove us mad The two men, who had very different experiences as prisoners of war, both helped the Imperial War Museum North, in Manchester, to compile its exhibition Captured: The Extraordinary Life of Prisoners of War ** Identity of Tank Man of Tiananmen Square remains a mystery One anonymous writer, identifying himself only as a Hong Kong academic, produced a detailed article saying that the man was an archaeologist who eventually found safety in Taiwan, where he worked for the National Palace Museum and had chosen to live in secrecy ** Shrine built for pipe dreamer As of this week, the 20th century surrealist who famously painted a pipe with the comment "this is not a pipe" finally has his own temple, in the heart of his home city of Brussels ** Preserving Photographs in a Digital World Seminar, George Eastman House, Rochester, New York ** Sonic Museum - On now Auckland Museum has joined forces with some of the biggest names in New Zealand music ** Cecil Beaton: Portraits Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool 26 June - 31 August 2009 All this and more for you at Global Museum - See the latest museum JOBS, BOOKSHOP, RESOURCES, PODCASTS, HOT JOB TIPS, great people posting their RESUMES, FORUM, Cheap and reliable WORLD TRAVEL, Social Networking, Museum Online Document Store, Podcasts, Museum Accredited Courses, Products & Services. http://www.globalmuseum.org First published on the Web in 1998 and going strong! BLOG READERS & MUSEUM WEB SITES - Use our RSS news feed on your site, from this address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/GM2/gm.xml ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 08:27:29 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Lenora Henson <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> You might want to take a look at Rejuvenation ( http://www.rejuvenation.com/index.html). We had good luck ordering from them on a recent project. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Lenora M. Henson Curator - Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural NHS 641 Delaware Avenue Buffalo, NY 14202 Phone: (716) 884-0095 x14 Fax: (716) 884-0330 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Laurie Williams To Sent by: Museum [log in to unmask] discussion list cc <[log in to unmask] SE.LSOFT.COM> Subject [MUSEUM-L] Historic bathroon fixtures and window glass 06/04/2009 02:39 PM Please respond to Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask] SE.LSOFT.COM> The Maricopa County Bar Association is helping the local legal community start a museum in our 1920's courthouse/ jail We have a cell block that will house the museum and I am looking for 1920's shower and sink fixtures to replace the missing fixtures and wired window glass to replace lost and broken windows. Does anyone know any companies that might be able to help. Thanks, Laurie ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ========================================================================Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:13:01 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Nancy Russell <[log in to unmask]> Subject: JOB: permanent museum tech at Everglades National Park Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_70761c17-421d-4042-8784-3958dcdac425_" MIME-Version: 1.0 Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> --_70761c17-421d-4042-8784-3958dcdac425_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. A permanent GS-7 museum technician position for the South Florida Collections Management Center (SFCMC) at Everglades National Park is now open on www.usajobs.opm.gov until June 18th. SALARY RANGE: 40,243.00 - 52,317.00 USD /year The incumbent serves as the museum technician at the South Florida Collections Management Center (SFCMC), which manages the museum collections for Big Cypress National Preserve, Biscayne National Park, De Soto National Memorial, Dry Tortugas National Park, and Everglades National Park. Combined, these five south Florida parks have museum collections in excess of six (6) million items. The position is supervised by the SFCMC's registrar. The incumbent catalogs diverse collections of natural science and cultural history collections. Uses the Automated National Cataloging System (ANCS+) to create accession and catalog records. Under the supervision of the registrar, carries out museum preservation projects, including storage improvements; prepares accession and deaccession records; and assists with preparation of loans, including preparing documents, condition reporting objects, and packing collections for shipment. Conducts routine preventive conservation work in museum storage and exhibit areas, including environmental monitoring, housekeeping and pest management. Creates mounts for objects. Cleans objects appropriately. Assists with preparation of exhibits. Photographs objects to improve documentation, preservation and access. Conducts oral history for South Florida Collections Management Center (SFCMC) parks. Facilitates researchers access to collections. The announcement number is AT261026 and it is open to all US citizens. Please share this information with anyone that might be interested. Thanks, Nancy Russell Museum Curator SFCMC, Everglades National Park _________________________________________________________________ Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=ftp_val_wl_290 ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --_70761c17-421d-4042-8784-3958dcdac425_ Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello.

[...]

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information:

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --_70761c17-421d-4042-8784-3958dcdac425_-- ========================================================================Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:59:24 -0600 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: "Shelton, Sally Y." <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Moratorium at the Museum of Geology, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_000_0E8C875976EF6C4FAD2BE0CEE93BD2D6010E9ECA3Fsdsmtex07_" MIME-Version: 1.0 Message-ID: <0E8C875976EF6C4FAD2BE0CEE93BD2D6010E9ECA3F@sdsmt-ex07> --_000_0E8C875976EF6C4FAD2BE0CEE93BD2D6010E9ECA3Fsdsmtex07_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear colleagues, Apologies in advance for cross-posting the following. Please feel free to distribute this message as needed. As you may have already heard, the new Paleontology Research Center at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is under construction. This is an exciting time for us and all our colleagues. You can follow the progress of the building at http://sdmines.sdsmt.edu/cgi-bin/global/a_bus_card.cgi?SiteID=422389#x (overview and link to building information) http://sdmines.sdsmt.edu/cgi-bin/global/a_bus_card.cgi?SiteID=422855 (live cam on construction) This will be the first time that all the SDSMT Museum of Geology collections, laboratories, library resources, archives and other records will be under one purpose-built roof. We are looking forward to serving as a regional curation resource, education center and repository for many years to come. As part of this effort, we need to impose a moratorium on loans from and research visits to our collections for two years, starting on August 1, 2009, and ending on August 1, 2011. This is necessary for our collections packing, inventory, and reconciliation of records during the move. We will not be able to facilitate collections access during the moratorium without special approval and advance arrangements. At this time, all loans from SDSM collections that have not been renewed in writing are now due and should be returned to us as soon as possible. We will be reviewing all loan and borrow records and will be returning all materials on loan to us that are not in active use. If you have or know of SDSM materials (specimens, books, field notes, and/or other archival materials) that should be returned, wish to donate materials connected to the history of the museum and its research, or need to notify us about materials on loan to SDSM that should be returned to you, please contact me off-list at the address below. If you have particular research needs that need to be addressed during the moratorium period and wish to make arrangements in advance, please let me know as soon as possible. We appreciate your understanding and patience during this transition period, and hope to see many of you at our official opening. Sally Y. Shelton, Collections Manager and Faculty Instructor Museum of Geology, O'Harra 307 South Dakota School of Mines and Technology 501 E. St. Joseph Rapid City, SD 57701 phone 605.394.2487 email [log in to unmask] Sally Y. Shelton, Collections Manager and Faculty Instructor Museum of Geology, O'Harra 307 South Dakota School of Mines and Technology 501 E. St. Joseph Rapid City, SD 57701 phone 605.394.2487 email [log in to unmask] ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --_000_0E8C875976EF6C4FAD2BE0CEE93BD2D6010E9ECA3Fsdsmtex07_ Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

[...]

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). --_000_0E8C875976EF6C4FAD2BE0CEE93BD2D6010E9ECA3Fsdsmtex07_-- ========================================================================Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 14:14:10 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: fishstrong <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Museum Education Journals In-Reply-To: <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0633_01C9E5E7.E5C467F0" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> ------=_NextPart_000_0633_01C9E5E7.E5C467F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sorry for such a simple question. I have a student who is interested in publishing about her work in developing our Museum Education Program. I am looking for some smaller journals that would be good for her to publish. The current proposed title is "How to create an outreach program with minimal time and effort". The audience would be for small to mid-size museums. Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks in advance! Thanks, Susan +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Susan Fishman-Armstrong Laboratory Coordinator Antonio J. Waring, Jr. Archaeological Laboratory University of West Georgia Carrollton, GA 30118 678-839-6303 (office) 678-839-6306 (fax) www.westga.edu/~ajwlab/ ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ------=_NextPart_000_0633_01C9E5E7.E5C467F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ------=_NextPart_000_0633_01C9E5E7.E5C467F0-- ========================================================================Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 19:38:32 -0400 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: "Kelly, Claire" <[log in to unmask]> Subject: In search of Elvis by Warhol Comments: To: [log in to unmask] MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C9E636.BCF41804" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9E636.BCF41804 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please excuse cross posting. For an exhibition next January, the National Portrait Gallery is hoping to borrow a Ferus type silkscreen by Andy Warhol of Elvis Presley. It must be smaller than 82 inches wide to fit the particular gallery for the exhibition so a double or small triple portrait would be ideal. We have made contact with the Andy Warhol Museum, Seattle Art Museum, Akron Art Museum and Virginia Museum of Fine Arts all of which are unable to lend. Does anyone know of a public or private collection in the United States - preferably east of the Mississippi - that might be a good source for this piece? Any assistance would be appreciated. Claire Kelly Asst. Director of Exhibitions & Collections Management (202) 633-8283 direct; (202) 633-8291 (fax) [log in to unmask] Postal Address: National Portrait Gallery PO Box 37012 Victor Bldg, Suite 410, MRC 973 Washington, DC 20013-7012 Street Address (for overnight delivery service): National Portrait Gallery 750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 410 Washington, DC 20001 ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]t.com . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9E636.BCF41804 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In search of Elvis by Warhol

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). ------_=_NextPart_001_01C9E636.BCF41804-- ========================================================================Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 12:11:53 EDT Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Barbara Hass <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: In search of Elvis by Warhol MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="-----------------------------1244304713" Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> -------------------------------1244304713 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Perhaps the Museum of Modern Art? _http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/562286070/_ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/562286070/) Found by a web search using the terms Andy Warhol double Elvis Presley silkscreen There are other hits as well. Barbara Hass, retired librarian In a message dated 6/5/2009 5:40:16 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes: Please excuse cross posting. For an exhibition next January, the National Portrait Gallery is hoping to borrow a Ferus type silkscreen by Andy Warhol of Elvis Presley. It must be smaller than 82 inches wide to fit the particular gallery for the exhibition so a double or small triple portrait would be ideal. **************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile device for under $50. Take a Peek! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100122638x1221845911x1201401556/aol?redir=http://www.getpeek.com/aol) ========================================================Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). -------------------------------1244304713 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes). -------------------------------1244304713-- ========================================================================Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 15:49:57 -0500 Reply-To: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> Sender: Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]> From: Angela Steinmetz <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Job Opening: Registration Assistant for Data Management, Smart Museum of Art Comments: To: Registrars Committee of the AAM <[log in to unmask]> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Message-ID: <[log in to unmask]> Part-Time Position Opening Title: Registration Assistant for Data Management General Summary: The Registration Assistant assists in managing data for the Museum’s collections database, provides related in-house technical support, and manages photographic and digital media related to the collection. Essential Functions: 60% Assist in maintaining the text and image components of the museum’s collections management database. This includes creating new object records and entering object information. Maintain accurate and current data. 20% Provide in-house technical support related to the database. Assist as needed in training and troubleshooting for staff users. As appropriate, act as database liaison to the University’s IT department and to outside technical consultants and vendors. Assign and monitor database user access rights and perform back-end database maintenance. Assist in technical preparation of database files for export to web interface/eMuseum). 10% Process database-related photographic materials and digital media, including establishing digital asset standards and procedures. 10% Assist in other office duties as required Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in art history or closely related subject. • Strong technical computer skills and familiarity with databases required. Experience with The Museum System, Crystal Reports and SQL preferred. • Previous experience in a museum registration office preferred. • Knowledge of museum standards regarding the care and handling of art preferred. • Ability to represent the museum in a professional manner to donors, lenders, professional colleagues, and all university constituencies required. • Background check and security assessment required. Mental Demands: • Detail-oriented and sensitive to the necessity of accurate record keeping. • Ability to maintain confidentiality. • Excellent written, oral, and auditory communication skills. • Patience and flexibility. • Ability to see projects through to completion and ability to work well both with others and under own direction. • Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workflow. Physical Demands: • Ability to type and to sit at a computer for long periods of time. • Ability to see, handle, lift, push, pull, and carry objects. • Ability to crouch, climb, balance, and stand for long periods of time. Application Process: This is a temporary position: 19.5 hour-per-week, non-benefits-eligible, one year duration, with possibility of continuation pending project renewal. Review of applications begins immediately and position open until filled. To apply for this position, please go to http://jobs.uchicago.edu, create a profile and apply for requisition 082142. The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. ========================================================= Important Subscriber Information: The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "help" (without the quotes). If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).