We use plastic tabs for our visitors.  They have our museums logo on them
and are bright blue.  We had started out with metal pins, but found that
children liked to use them to scratch plexi displays.  The plastic tabs have
been great.  I would also suggest having a collection box at the exit, so
that visitors can recycle them.  One issue we have is that they tend to fall
off in the surrounding neighborhood. Hope this is helpful!

Caroline Bevan
Tribute WTC Visitor Center
New York, NY