Hello all,

I wrote several months ago asking about new flooring to replace our nearly 30-year-old stained, buckling carpet.  We love the look of wood but decided that in our climate where little bits of gravel are tracked in all winter and some people enter without removing their ice-grippers it just wouldn't last.  After reading all of the responses from the Lists and talking to exhibit designers, we decided on carpet squares.  We can use volunteer labor to install them, and if an area is damaged or stained, we will have to only replace a square or two.  A local business uses carpet squares and they are just as attractive as rolled carpet.  Now we just have to raise the money.

We're also looking at lighting.  We want to replace the rectangle fluorescent light units in our lower gallery with trac lighting.  I've heard that there are no LEDs yet workable for exhibit lighting.  Has anyone had recent experience or research with LED or other efficient trac lighting?  Or, does anyone have a recommendation for a company they trust where I could ask advice?

Thanks for all the help.  I learn a lot and have many questions answered just by lurking as well as with my questions.  Please keep answering on-line.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Director
Sheldon Museum