I have a donor who would like to donate a china doll and child's chair that
belonged to her mother.  Unfortunately neither of the objects fit the
mission statement here at my museum.  The original owner of the doll was
born in Kentucky and grew up in Decatur County, Indiana.  I was asked by the
donor to find a good home for "Rosiebelle" and the chair, which she feels
should stay together.

The doll dates from the 1890s and is in excellent condition, there are a few
scratches to the paint, but no chips or cracks to the head, arms, or legs.
She has a sawdust body and still retains her original pantaloons and
underskirt.  The dress is not original.

The chair is wood with a woven cane seat, I do not believe the seat is
original.  The chair is worn down and wobbly from the generations of
children that pushed the chair around as toddlers.  The chair dates from the
mid 1800s, probably in Pittsylvania County, Virginia.

If you are interested please email me off list and I can provide you with
photographs of the objects.

Thanks,

Julie

Julie Blood

Collections and Exhibit Manager

San Joaquin County Historical Society & Museum

P.O. Box 30, Lodi, CA 95241

(209) 331-2055

(209) 953-3460

www.sanjoaquinhistory.org